Sunday, July 8, 2018

A Quick Tour Of Northern California Farmland!



We're going to take a quick tour of Northern California farmland because I want to update you on the growth stages of our rice. In order to do that I'll pull a rice plant from our earliest seeded rice field and a plant from our last seeded field. This will give us a great side-by-side comparison.

In order to get from these two fields, we'll need to drive through the county which will give me the opportunity to show you the diversity of agriculture in Northern California. We'll pass by corn fields, sunflowers, almond orchards, tomatoes and, of course, rice!

Also, I want to show you a Killdeer (bird) nest with newly hatched eggs. I'll explain how adult Killdeer uses the broken wing act to lure predators away from their nests and hatchlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment